Tag Archives: bug

iOS 9 native Calendar app may remove repeating Domino calendar entries from device

Fresh from the IBM press.. but not as “ugly” as it sounds because as pointed out in the note, the fix for this issue was introduced in IBM Traveler 9.1.0.7, which you should be running anyway if you want to “serve” iOS 9 devices.

If you are not yet running 9.1.0.7 and devices are affected by this bug, you can still recover the calendar entries by performing these steps:

  • On the device, select Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  • Select the IBM Traveler account
  • Turn off Calendar sync for the Traveler account and accept “Delete from my device”
  • Power off the device by holding the Power button and slide to Power Off
  • Power on the device after 60 seconds.
  • Select Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  • Select the Traveler account
  • Turn on Calendar sync, which will re-sync the calendar entries from the server to the device

The official IBM note: IBM Flash Alert

small glitch in the #IBMDomino Admin Client

I was working at a customer site, the admin client I was using was a bit sluggish and some of the screens were only loading very slowly.
At the first glance I didn’t notice the second box but going back to the messaging tab I had a better look and saw this:

admin client

I had the chance to ask Scott Souder after our ICON Switzerland event about this new “Outlook feature”. He chuckled and said “I need to talk to someone about this..”

Part of the Hawthorn code has been included with IBM Notes/Domino 9 (or 9.0.1?) but still this should not be visible. I’ve tried to get the box back a few times but was not able to reproduce the “error”. Now after leaving the client running over night to collect some monitoring stats, I got it again.

admin client bug detail

BES 10.1.2/3 error before installation

I bumped into this small error while upgrading our internal server and sure enough again when installing at a customer site today. When running the setup.exe the following message might appear even if the server OS is English:

The BlackBerry Enterprise Service supports the Windows operating system in English only. Please configure the Windows operating system to use English and then install the software.

For the installer to run correctly you need to change the system locale setting to either English (UK) or English (US).

more: BlackBerry KB

Invitee status displays ‘no response’ while the ‘response’ document still exists – updated

I had this issue in the office, but not with all users, and then also came across it at a customer site.

So what happens.. A user has some calendar entries which are accepted by the invitees. The calendar entry and the response documents are in the user’s mail file. All good.
However, when the users opens the calendar entry and clicks on “invitee status”, all the invitees who have accepted or declined the invitation show up as ‘no response’.

It turns out that Traveler “broke” this. From the according APAR:

Event updated on ActiveSync Device may cause attendee status to be lost on server copy of the event. The issue is not seen often with Apple devices, however BlackBerry devices send event updates at regular occurrence, even if the event was not updated so BlackBerry users will see this issue much more frequently.
Starting with Notes Traveler 9.0.0.1 the server has been updated to correctly identify and prevent this scenario from occurring. In order to correctly handle, the server had to be upgraded to handle Active Sync 14.1 and later protocol levels.

If you come across this problem, upgrade the Traveler server to 9.0.0.1 and you’re good to go.

UPDATE: IBM has released an Interim Fix 1 to Traveler 9.0.0.1 and a Flash Alert recommending to delete and recreate Notes Traveler accounts on BlackBerry 10 devices after upgrading Notes Traveler server to 9.0.0.1 or later.
see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21648195 and http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21648847&myns=swglotus&mynp=OCSSYRPW&mync=R

 

IBM Notes 9.0 client crashes when sending mail

While preparing an upgrade to IBM Notes/Domino 9 for a customer we came across a problem with the Notes client. During the tests we had crashes when sending emails, changing calendar entries or saving documents in one of their Notes application. After the “usual” troubleshooting I collected the NSD and analysed them with the LND Tool (Lotus Notes Diagnostic). With the information from the NSD and some searching I found the appropriate technote:

IBM Notes 9.0 Client Crashes after Launch or when Sending Mail

After the upgrade to 8.5.3 we disabled the “Recent Contacts” feature for this customer because of issues with typeahead and used the PURGE_RECENT_CONTACTS=1 setting for this. The crashes were caused by exactly this notes.ini parameter. The only workaround for now is to remove the entry from the client’s notes.ini.

Waiting for a fix now..